Well, the same place I've always been. Being a lazy bum.
Well not exactly, I was waiting to buy this here fancy shmancy laptop.
Took me a few months and some savvy budgeting by my lady Sylvia. But I got myself one. Which opens me up for some awesome writing.
And by awesome I mean somewhat above average.
Since the last time I wrote, I started being a bouncer on a regular basis. A job many told me to undertake in my college days. I didn't primarily because I am not, nor do I want to be a violent person. Not every dude over six feet has an urge to smash things for the fun of it.
Little did I know, bouncing, if done right, has little to do with violence.
Don't get me wrong, there are times when the run of the mill moron decides that, after three beers, he wants to harass everyone with a dress on. He needs to be put in his place.
But at our best, bouncers are facilitators. We make sure that those who are here to have fun, have that fun. Safely, and respectfully. You wanna dance, sure, but if you can't stay upright while doing the running man, we're gonna send you home. Not because we don't want a good laugh, but because you may fall, and get a severe concussion. Concussions aren't good. Ask the NFL.
Doing this job for the past few months has opened my eyes to a part of society I was never really familiar with. The party scene. I don't party. Some call me boring, I call me...well...boring. Still, this is my new workplace, and I will learn it, and share what I learn.
This should be fun. Except for the parts where a girl pukes in her hand and holds it.
Carry on.
No comments:
Post a Comment