When starting a new profession most people are expected to go through an adjustment period. A time where you feel your way around the workplace, getting used to co-workers, managers, and which vending machine won't take your money. I've been bouncing for about five months now, so I figured, my adjustment period was near over.
I mean, I've had to deal with a few fights, a couple of women who don't know how to act. Some dudes that don't know a thing about an actual fist fight. I would have given myself a B for my own performance. I still have things to work on. Like a real good scowl, or being more...assertive. The nice guy isn't giving up without a fight, which is a part of the irony that makes up my life. But I got to a point where I felt...used to it. I figured things where gonna be, on the norm, smooth sailing.
Epic fail on that assumption.
I'm thinking the adjustment period, for someone in my profession is ongoing. Why? Because you will see something different every single night. That's not me being cliche, that's me being very literal.
Alcohol + Pretty Women + Men with something to prove = A clusterf**k of madness every time the sun goes down.
I can't get too comfortable. You get embarrassed when you get comfortable. It's something to remember next time I get myself ready to go to work.
I have maybe another hour to think/pray on this, and it's time to move on to the next thing.
Taxes.
Happy Happy Joy Joy
Carry on
No comments:
Post a Comment