There is a time for peace and a time for war...you get the idea.
Seems like my time to be angry lasted three months too long.
I have a great deal to be thankful for. My girlfriend and mom are in good health. They love me and I love them. I have a job, a roof, and clothes.
But when you are so mind numbingly frustrated, it becomes hard to take stock of all that.
I do want a better job, more money, a car, and a city that actually wanted to fix itself rather than put on a face. But being angry about it does no more than stress everyone out and leave me feeling sick and tired.
I still want those things, I want them badly, but I have to be patient. This is the first time the "want" for something was ever this bad. Yet, there needs to be an understanding...a logical look a the things that bother me. There are the things I want and can get vs. The things I want and have no control over. It requires some introspection to figure it out. And once figuring out, being able to accept it.
Patience is easy when you don't want anything.
Reckon that's why it's a virtue.
No comments:
Post a Comment